Monday, November 24, 2008

A Busy September


Labor Day weekend was the start of a lot of exciting activity. Vic and I headed for Highland Park, North of Chicago to spend time with his sister Sarah, brother-in law and other family. We especially enjoyed watching his grand nephews and niece splash about in the pool. It was a special family time. Saturday morning we headed up to Greenbay, Wisconsin for the opening of the Society of Animal Artist’s annual show.


“MMM…Tasty” was not only accepted into the show, but was chosen to be a part of the tour. Select pieces will be shown in a number of Museum’s around the country over the coming year. I am honored to be chosen.

Vic left the day after Labor Day and I stayed with his family.


Later in the week Sarah joined me in a drive to Wausau, Wisconsin to attend the opening events at the Bird’s in Art show at the Woodson Museum. What an amazing weekend!!! Artists attended from all over the world. We were treated so graciously and made wonderful new friends.


My little kiwi sculpture, “Nosing Around” was chosen for the show AND was chosen for the Bird’s In Art Touring exhibit as well!



A few weeks later was the opening reception for the Artists for Conservation show at the Hirem Blauvelt Museum in Oradell, NJ. The weekend was full of events, but an unexpected illness kept me from attending. My sculpture “MMM…Tasty” was there to represent me. Yes, the same sculpture chosen for the SAA show. It’s a popular piece. This makes me especially pleased since it’s a piece I am particularly fond of.

No comments: