Sunday, February 22, 2009

Charleston, SEWE continued

Wednesday morning is work time. I so enjoy catching up with my sculptor friends. Hugs all around. We worked hard getting all the stands, lights sculptures and whatever else we need up to our space upstairs in the historic hotel. Part way through the process, Vic wisely gets me out of the booth for lunch. This gets me back to see things with a fresh eye. Actually he plans it so we don't miss having a meal at Hyman's, yummy seafood. We shared some fried green tomatoes. He had scallops and I had shrimp and grits. Yum. All too soon it was back to work. I think the booth looked good!Wednesday night we stopped by Mills House for the opening there and to visit our carver friends. Thursday morning we had a little free time. Wind was blowing and it was a little chilly, but nothing like Pittsburgh. There's a lovely walk we like to take. We see lots of birds and you can look across the water to Charleston.

The bridge from Mt Pleasant to Charleston is beautiful!
One year along our walk we saw otters, but this year we were mostly entertained by the birds. I was quite taken by this little one.
As we started our drive away from our little morning treasure, I spotted some white birds splashing about in a lovely area protected by some bushes. I couldn't resist just a little more time. Leaving vic in the car I crouched down to catch a group of ibis having their morning bath.I guess Vic couldn't resist one more picture either.No more time to diddle about now. We changed into our meeting the people clothes and headed into Charleston to the show. (to be continued)

No comments: