Monday, July 6, 2009

The Merry Month of May

Wow, it's been a long time since my last post! Well I guess I better get caught up. May 15-17 was Sculpture in the South held in beautiful Summerville, SC. Thank you Nancy and Ned for being wonderful hosts letting us stay at their house. The weekend was amazingly wet, but we managed still had some wonderful people come to enjoy the sculptures. Azalea Park provided a wonderful backdrop for outdoor pieces.

Both "Slurp" and "Butterflies Are Free" attracted much attention. The tents tried valiantly to keep us dry. The quick sculpt was a fun event.

Elephants were my subject again. There are endless possibilities for a small group.










Home for a few days and then off to my friend Michelle's to get the elephants fired in her kiln. On the way down I stopped at my "bff's" daughter's (she is my daughter's "bff") and get a baby fix with her her son Max (my grandson's "bff"). Confused? me too.


At Michelles we fired the ellies and worked in her studio, took some walks and visited the Richmond zoo. We road the sky ride and looked down on the rhinos. Along the way some Galapagos tortoises have a discussion.


Since we all had birthdays coming up in the not too distant future and I don't get down to see her and her husband often, we held a birthday season party. The theme was dinasaurs. Movie of the night was "Night at the Museum". Pizza and yummy treats were had by all.
When I returned home I presented Vic with a "discard" from my friend Paula. I have my bike, but it was hard to get Vic convinced to ride when we didn"t have wheels for him. Well now he has wheels and for those who know him...guess what, it doesn"t have a motor!
The end of the month was the opening of "Wild Things" at the Annmarie Gardens in Solomons, MD.( www.annmariegarden.org ) I was pleased to have 2 pieces accepted for the show, "Neck 'N Neck" and the big "Butterflies Are Free".

I unfortunately did not get to the opening but word has it that Butterflies recieved an award!!


No comments: