Saturday, June 5, 2010

"Along came pretty little May"

Sculpture In the South in Summerville South Carolina came upon us all too quickly. The drive in that direction was much more pleasant than in February and we left plenty of time to hit the beach in Mt Pleasant first. We welcomed the chance to cool our feet in the sand.



On the way back towards Summerville we took a detour to Cypress Gardens (not the big one in FL). A flat boat took us around the lovely glassy black waters.

I came face to face with an alligator who "ate" me.











The show went well and the weather stayed nice the whole weekend. Thank yous to all who made the time so pleasant, especially our wonderful hosts Ned and Nancy who welcomed us like family into their home.

"Butterflies are Free" got a lot of attention outside the tent.

I wan't home but a few days when off I went with my good friend to visit a new friend for some Corgi reference. New sculptures are on the horizon as I will be vending the Pembroke Welsh Corgi Nationals in Sept. Thank you Gigi for sharing your wonderful dogs and especially those yummy puppies!



I have a special new friend! I just know there will be another corgi in my life.

Memorial day weekend had Vic and I on the road again. We visited his sister and family for an exceptionally fun time. Side trips to the Brookfield Zoo and the Botanical Gardens were a treat. A special bonus was visiting the Chicago Art Institute for a Monet exhibit (preceeded by a yummy lunch of dim sum with Laurie and Ron) 


At the Botanical Gardens, Vic and I spent a quiet moment together.



 
And time does fly. Memorial day Vic dropped me at the airport and he continued home. I flew to Dallas and soon will be on to Denver for the book signing "Sculpture of the Rockies" at the Saks Gallery in Denver. Come if you are in the area! Sat. June 12th from 1-4. (http://www.saksgalleries.com/ )




1 comment:

naturegirl said...

What could be sweeter than Corgi kisses!!!!