Sunday, October 17, 2010

Summer

Arriving back in CO for the summer, Magic and I fell into a wonderful schedule of walking and work.
 An open house at Evergreen Fine Art Gallery had me talking to some wonderful people while working on a new elephant sculpture.
Inspiration and fun came from a visit to the Denver Botanical Gardens where instalations of Henry Moore sculptures were framed by beautiful plantings.

July some very special people came to visit. My daughter Heather and grandson Isaiah! (see them in the web series http/www.lienonmetheseries.com ) We visited the zoo, played in fountains at a park, visited the mall downtown Boulder and met friends at my favorite place for brunch (and hike) Chatauqua park.




One of my favorite places, The Flatirons.


Isaiah and I shared a special moment together.



A special treat at the Denver Zoo was a chance to see the new infant orangutan and we saw a fossa!
I had never seen a live fossa before! Unfortunately he was not very cooperative as far as photography.
They are found in Madagascar

I really did get some work done, but the high country called me again and a trip up Mt Evans became a necessity. Beautiful mountain terrain just fills my soul and the area is known for good mountain goat viewing. We were not dissappointed.

No comments: