Friday, February 24, 2012

SEWE and the ride home

Every show presents the challenge, how best to display the sculptures. I think SEWE this year worked well inspire of the fact that my "Art Roadie" and husband, Vic had to be on a business trip. Here is just a snip of what I had out. Thank you Stefan Savides for stepping in and helping me unload the truck.
I brought this little English Cocker study in the wax. It was a great way to show people what the piece looks like in that step of the bronze process. This piece is at the foundry now and I am taking orders. 

Opening gala at SEWE was quite the event. Shorty the flamingo was my favorite visitor.




Vic was on a business trip so we were apart for Valentines day. He took care of that :-)  These lovely flowers arrived along with the fluffy puppy attached. Pup is detachable so I can cuddle. I named him Charlie, short for Charleston.


Load out went smoothly thanks to my wonderful "Art Roadie" and husband, Vic. We drove a couple hours down the road to Myrtle beach. We arrived in the dark, but the morning gave us a glorious wake up!

Our second night on the road was at VA beach. Morning was beautiful and we couldn't resist taking a walk. We found a little place for breakfast where we sat and watched the ocean.
On our morning walk at VA beach we were excited to have a group of brown pelicans fly overhead.

No comments: