Sunday, June 8, 2008

April/May



In April I had a wonderful time introducing my friend to my Colorado world. She wanted some magpie reference so a trip to RMNP (Rocky Mountain National Park) was in order. I promised her lots of magpies. And the park did not disappoint. We headed west out of Loveland up the canyon on a bright sunny day and were treated to a bachelor herd of Rocky Mountain big horn sheep. They had conveniently placed themselves across from a turn out so it was a grand photo op.
Coming into Estes Park we spot our first magpies and elk of course.
The park has its own weather and the peaks were shrouded in clouds. I never get tired of being in the mountains. We had additional sightings of magpies, deer, elk, Stellar’s jays and more. I think Paula was pleased with our expedition.







Paula in rocky Mountain National Park.











Vic flew in for a weekend to surprise his daughter for her birthday. Becca met me at the zoo and definitely was surprised to find dad there too. As usual there was lots going on at the zoo. The polar bear seemed quite bored with the day. Our zoo time ended and we rounded up Sean and celebrated over Mexican food (yum).



May has been a quiet month which has allowed me to concentrate on heeling my back. I wrote newsletters, did a bit of sculpting and caught up on the business of art and enjoyed watching the birds.

No comments: