Saturday, March 17, 2012

60/60 Day 11, moving right along.

Trying something new is invigorating.


I set my sculpture stand up on the deck and waited for something to come along. I worked on things around the house peeking out to see what might show up. After a few hours it became clear I had to take a more aggressive approach.



So, I packed my stuff into the car and drove to the park down the bottom of the hill. There is a pond there and I figured there would have to be ducks or geese around.





Sure enough, geese. I wasn't sure how used to people they were so I sculpted quickly trying to capture as much as I could. I am not the most familiar with geese forms, so it was all a good lesson for me. Sure enough, they didn't really enjoy my company and took off. Maybe they had an appointment somewhere else. I look forward to attempting this again.



Check out the work of fellow 60/60 challenge artist, Victoria Wilson Schultz at


No comments: