Monday, March 12, 2012

60/60, Day Seven

I knew I would be on the road today, so my second sculpture from the zoo adventure gets to be posted today. My hands ache and are welcoming the break.


The Pittsburgh zoo has a wonderful herd of ellies of mixed ages. It's a great habitat with water hole and places to wander up and down hills. I will be visiting here again with my sculpture stand.


The elephants were constantly moving about. There are endless poses to be caught.


I told many people about the 60/60 challenge. Maybe they will continue to be interested and find us on line.


At one point I realized that I was going back closer into the detail. I was loosing a view of the whole and starting to focus in too close. I had stopped looking at the elephant and was letting my mind dictate what I "thought" I saw. That was when I realized it was time to pack up. Great lesson learned.


Check out the work of fellow 60/60 challenge artist, Victoria Wilson Schultz at


No comments: