Wednesday, March 21, 2012

60/60 Day 16 In Which Karryl Gets Her Groove Back

After struggling through yesterday, with all the noise and interruptions, I was happy to get my car back and head to the Round Hill Farm demo farm for some inspiration.


After walking the farm to see what would grab me, I decided to sculpt the lovely draft horse that was grazing on the side of the hill. I LOVE big horses. (and little ones too). But then the grounds crew came out with their chipper shredder (had to laugh, shades of yesterday) and off he went running over the hill. The goats were terrified of my set up (will work on that in the future) so I hiked up the hill to see sheep and Cows. COWS! I had so much fun. They are so curious. This lovely lady actually put her head through the fence to sniff the sculpture. She also gave me a big old cow kiss. I'm in heaven.




 I visited with the cows for a while and had a grand time sculpting.



It's a bit hard to do the feet since I am working in very soft clay and they are standing in grass. I was wondering when milking time was. This was the farm where I got to milk the cow when we first moved here. Too fun.


Even cows get bored, and off they went. By Cows, I'll be back!

No comments: