Saturday, March 10, 2012

60/60 HI 5!

This is dedicated to the one I Love! Thanks Victor for driving me all around creation to find a horse to sculpt.


Our first try was to visit a model farm where we knew from past experience there would be a mixed grow of animals. The wind kicked in and my fingers were frozen before I could get clay moving. We finally found a field next to a school where a group of 4 horses were grazing.



We were in "Zoom", our little Miata and sculpting in the front seat with clay and board on my lap. It was very amusing.




Vic took a nap, and soon wind died and sun warmed me enough to take the project outside.


Working title for this piece is "Last Man Standing" since as the wind died and the sun warmed us up, the horses lay down, one by one. Leaving one left grazing.





Check out the work of fellow 60/60 challenge artist, Victoria Wilson Schultz at

No comments: